Tuesday, March 10, 2015

American Journalist in Iranian Jail needs your help!

Change.org

My brother Jason Rezaian is an American journalist who has been held without charges in Iranian prison for six months – the longest ever for a journalist. Please help free my brother.

 
higher learning –

My brother Jason is a journalist, the Iran bureau chief for The Washington Post. This is Jason's dream job – as a dual US-Iranian citizen, Jason always wanted to walk in our ancestors' footsteps and help dispel myths that our two countries have about each other.
But Jason's dream has turned into a nightmare, because the Iranian government put him in prison, and we don't even know why. Jason never broke the law.
Last July, the Iranian secret police raided my brother's home and arrested Jason and his wife, Yegi. They took my brother's laptop and notes and threw him in solitary confinement, where he has been ever since. He’s set to stand trial, but they won't say what the charges are. They won't even let Jason see a lawyer.
While in prison, my brother has faced serious health issues, including rapid weight loss, depression, and an eye infection that's threatening to cause permanent damage to his vision. My brother desperately needs to see a doctor, but instead he's forced to sit in prison, subjected to unnecessary suffering and human rights violations, while the government won't even acknowledge any specific wrongdoing.
The State Department and The Washington Postare fighting as hard as they can to secure my brother's release, and they need to be able to show the Iranian government that Americans are paying attention and care about this issue. That's why getting signatures on the petition to free my brother is so important.
We have already secured release for my brother's wife and another photojournalist who was arrested with them. I know that with enough international pressure, we can get my brother out of prison, too.
Thank you for helping my brother,

Ali Rezaian
Mill Valley, CA

No comments:

Dr.Frank Teaches Mothers How To Relieve Their Childrens Pain, Using Ancient Chinese Healing Methods